Montessori for Dementia and Ageing training can be developed specifically to meet an organisation’s needs and can be followed with on-site mentoring to help move the principles into practice. For those who complete the two day Montessori for Dementia course either face to face or by completing the AMI eLearning Course there is the opportunity to complete assessment tasks to gain AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Practitioner Certification.
The two-day AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing face to face workshop or the eLearning Course focuses on applying the Montessori principles in the workplace through the development of a perfectly prepared environment. Participants will learn about the basic principles of Montessori for Dementia and Ageing, along with practical “hands-on” opportunities to apply the techniques and consider how this philosophy of care can be adopted for care communities and applied in activity programs. The first part of the program focuses on the facts (knowledge) and the second party focuses on putting the concepts into practice for specific people, activities and environments. The training is inspiring and fun.
By the end of the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing training program, the participant will be able to:
- Link needs, interests, skills and abilities of older people and those living with dementia to Montessori goals and objectives.
- Describe the Montessori for Dementia and Ageing model and explain why this is a useful technique for those with dementia.
- Describe the Montessori philosophy as well as the basic Montessori principles.
- Develop roles and activities for individuals and groups based on the main Montessori classes of activities, as modified for dementia.
- Develop and Introduce Montessori activities and programs based upon Montessori principles.
- Assess current activity programming strategies and know how to modify these to embrace Montessori principles
Training workshops are scheduled regularly around Australia. Please contact www.montessoriconsulting.com.au if you would like to see training in your area.