Learners who complete the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing two day face to face or eLearning Course are able to complete a further course to progress to an AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Certified Practitioner. Completing the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Course is a prerequisite to progress to AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Certified Practitioner. This in-depth course enables you to implement roles and activities and create a prepared environment for older adults using Montessori principles. You can serve as a role model and leader in your community and help to establish Montessori programming. You will not be qualified to serve as a trainer.
The certified practitioner program consists of a range of assignments which will demonstrate the students ability to apply the knowledge required to develop and implement a Montessori prepared environment.
The requirements are:
- Completion and submission of assignments within 6 months of completing the AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Course.
- Completion of two case studies for people living with dementia using the required forms. Take photos or scan any relevant templates, materials, cue cards, and signage that were used to create activities and roles for the two people with whom you are undertaking case studies. Provide video evidence of adherence to Montessori principles.
- Lessons learned reflection.
- Third party/supervisor’s report.
- Submit all assignment tasks and evidence electronically as directed in the assignments file.
Certified Practitioner Level includes:
- Access to a range of modules until assignments are submitted.
- Online support if required (additional fee)
- AMI Certified Practitioner certificate Certificate issued on successful completion of assignment tasks.
- Understand the history of Montessori and the translation of the principles to dementia and ageing.
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of each person’s story including their strengths, skills, needs and abilities through completion of two case studies.
- Know the connection between the environment and responsive behaviour.
- Apply the principles of Montessori for Dementia and Ageing to prepare the environment t to enable people to achieve their full potential.
- Understand the importance of observation and evaluation in meaningful engagement and the prepared environment
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to achieve AMI Montessori for Dementia and Ageing Certified Practitioner.